- A formal method for specifying and verifying algorithms. Tools,
meetings, researchers in the area.
SIGACT - Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation
Theory, the ACM special interest group for Theoretical Computer
Science. Site has membership information, meetings, reports
and a newsletter for members.
- The Algorithm Base - Database of algorithms. May
be scanned through or can be questioned through a knowledge
based assistant. Links to originating web sites.
- Algorithm Design Paradigms - A course by Paul
Dunne at the University of Liverpool. Slides and notes in HTML
- Algorithms Archive - A collection including searching,
sorting, tracking, mathematics and cellular automata. In English
- Algorithms Courses - Links to courses in algorithms
maintained at various university computer science departments.
- Algorithms in the Real World - Notes for a course
at Carnegie Mellon University.
Of Algorithms - An initiative of attendees of the 1997 Dagstuhl
seminar, these pages provide research papers, a bulletin board,
and links to researchers and other resources in the field. The
focus is on average case and probabilistic analysis.
Combinatorial Algorithms Test Sets - Searchable index of
problems, links and methodology.
- Combinatorial Algorithms - Lecture notes of a
course at San Diego State University.
- Combinatorial Algorithms - Course material, syllabus
and notes for a course by Roger Whitney at SDSU.
Programming Algorithms Directory - Resources that describe
computer programming algorithms.
- Data Structures - Introduction to data structures,
with Java code, by Peter M. Williams.
- Data Structures - Lecture notes by Steven Skiena.
- Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms - Lecture
notes; applets and code in C, C++, and Java; links regarding
books, journals, computability, quantum computing, societies
of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problems - A dictionary
of algorithms, algorithmic techniques, data structures, and
archetypical problems, with related definitions. Many entries
have links to implementations, tutorials, and bibliographical
- Huffman Coding Algorithm - Includes a guide how
to build it and a JAVA tutorial how to use it.
- Introduction to Quantum Algorithms - A introduction
to quantum algorithms by Matthew Hayward for those new to the
field and who do not have a physics background.
the Road to Algorithms - Information on algorithms such
as Bubble Sort and Random Number Generation, using HTML, Java
and Perl. Collected by Lam Ka Chun (Raymond).
- OOPWeb Algorithms Directory - Algorithms lecture
notes, courses, tutorials, references, guides and online books.
- Pattern Matching Pointers - A collection of links
for and to researchers in the subject.
- Priority Queues - Electronic bibliography on priority
queues (heaps). Links to downloadable reports, researchers'
home pages, and software.
- Problems in Analysis of Algorithms - A list of
open problems with updates and solutions.
- Resources for the Analysis of Algorithms - Links
to papers, conferences and other sites, maintained by Helmut
- Self-stabilizing Algorithms - A project to create
tools for developing and testing self-stabilizing algorithms.
- Softpanorama Virtual Library - Section on Algorithms
and Data Structures. A compilation of links.
- Stony Brook Algorithm Repository - This is a collection
of implementations for 75 fundamental algorithms problems, including
data structures, numerical and combinatorial algorithms,graph
algorithms, and computational geometry. Implementations are
available in C++, Java, Fortran, and other languages.
- Tree Automata Techniques and Applications - An
evolving web text in PostScript and PDF, with related software.
- Web Data Structures and Algorithms - Lecture notes
and links for a course by Godfried Toussaint.