- CHILabs - Cognitive psychology and human centered
design: news, articles, and links, by Neil Berg.
- Computer Gripes - This site is devoted to problems
experienced with computer products.
- Computer Vision Syndrome - Information about CVS
including causes and remedies.
- Electronic Performance Support Systems - Information,
articles, development tools, design gallery, books and links
about designing and developing performance software.
Technical Communication Library - Comprehensive site offering
links to articles, academic programs, journals, professional
organizations and materials of importance to user interface
design and other aspects related to technical communication.
- For Better Software - Different articles in the
HCI field, by Sedelnikov Andrei.
- Graphical Interfaces to Support Information Search
- An annotated bibliography of graphical interfaces to information
retrieval systems, including 2D and 3D visualizations of query
and Information Design Resources - Books, articles, conferences,
examples about interface design, information design, interaction
design, multimedia, visual design.
- Interruptions in Human-Computer Interaction -
Presents bibliography, research articles, news, and links.
- More Time People Spend Using the Internet - Results
of the Stanford Institute for the Quantitative Study of Society
study on social impact of computer use.
- Articles, news and discussion on next-generation user interfaces.
Interface Designs - Discussion of UI and interaction design.
Design examples, forums, and list of related readings.
- News and views on the topic of universal usability.
- What You See Is What You Deserve - A column from
the BSD Unix "Daemon News" e-zine about how GUIs are not always
the way to go.
Human- Computer Interaction -- Schools and Research
- User interface research on pen, tangible, speech, and multimodal
interfaces. United States.
Mellon University - Study how people design, implement and
use interactive computer systems, and how computers affect individuals,
organizations and society. United States.
- Colorado University L3D - Center for lifelong
learning and design. Boulder, United States.
University - HCI Group working out of Cornell University
in Ithaca NY, United States.
- ETH: Institute for Hygiene and Health at work
- Research activities on man-machine interaction. Covers education,
communication, interface design, task analysis and prototyping.
University Interactive Systems Group - Inter-disciplinary
research group investigating all aspects of interactive systems.
Interactive Cognition Lab at UCSD Cognitive Science - Researches
fundamental topics needed for designing interactive environments.
Areas of research, affiliations, virtual tour of the lab, projects,
staff, and publications.
- Interactive Systems Group of the University of Texas
at El Paso - Research projects, publications, conferences,
workshops and links. United States.
University HCI Lab - Development of user interfaces and
research. Projects include information visualization, digital
libraries, and interfaces for children. United States.
Lab - Dedicated to research on how technology can augment
human ability. They study human-computer interaction and communication
applications of emerging technologies. The MIND Labs are integrated
through the central lab at Michigan State University campus.
- Nanyang Technological University Centre for Human
Factors and Ergonomics - A research laboratory of the School
of Mechanical and Production Engineering. Singapore.
- Nebraska-Lincoln University - HCI Research. United
- Nova Southeastern University - HCI as a part of
the Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences. Florida,
Polytechnic Institute - Language, literature, and communication
department offers an MS in Technical communication with a concentration
in human computer interaction. New York, United States.
University - Human Computer Interaction lab. Includes publications
and projects. Canada.
HCI - Degree programs in a number of departments emphasizing
design, implementation, testing and analysis. United States.
- Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab - Researches
and designs interactive technologies that motivate and influence
users. Also referred to as captology. United States.
- Tufts University - Graduate and undergraduate
studies. Massachusetts, United States.
- UCSD - Department of Cognitive Science - Cognitive
science at UCSD focuses on the Brain, Behavior and Computation.
It emphasizes interdisciplinary work and offers BA, BS and PhD
Distributed Cognition and Human Computer Interaction Laboratory
- Information on the laboratory. Includes project descriptions,
publications and courses. San Diego, California, United States.
Interactive Systems Research Center - Investigate design,
implementation, and evaluation of interactive systems. Baltimore,
- University of British Columbia - Human-Computer
Interaction research and teaching. Vancouver, Canada.
Of Konstance Faculty of Sciences - Human Computer Interaction
Workgroup - Current courses, research, publications and
- Wichita State University Human-Computer Interaction
Laboratory - Lab goals and history, recently published research,
and related links.
- Wichita State University Software Usability Research
Lab (SURL) - Focus is on website usability and design, and
information retrieval. List of services, contact details, and
a free e-newsletter with archives of past issues.
University - Pursue research into the design and evaluation
of interactive systems. Includes researches description, events
and resources. United Kingdom.
RESOURCES HOME PAGE
Software, Hardware, Algorithms, History of Computing, Computer Programming...more
Colleges and Universities
Graduate Schools in Computer Science
Top Graduate Schools in Engineering
US Undergraduate Business Schools
Graduate Schools Business
Top Public Colleges and Universities
Schools in Education
Top Medical Schools in the US
(by research and primary care)