- ABC's of the Internet - [ Kids/Teens ] - Offers
information about the Internet and includes an Internet glossary.
- Beginners' Central - [ Teens/Mature Teens ] -
A chapter-by-chapter guide to the Internet. Topics include FTP,
telnet, e-mail, and newsreaders.
- CenterSpan Internet Tutorial - [ Teens/Mature
Teens ] - Offers information about the Internet including the
history of the Internet. Features an Internet quiz.
- ClassZone - Web Research Guide - [ Teens/Mature
Teens ] - Offers quizzes that cover Internet basics and a guide
on doing research on the web.
- Entertaindom - [ Kids/Teens ] - Learn Internet
basics and get inside tips from your favorite Looney Tunes characters.
- How to Bookmark a Page - [ Kids/Teens ] - Offers
a guide on how to bookmark a web page.
- Internet Detective - [ Teens/Mature Teens ] -
An interactive tutorial on evaluating the quality of internet
For Kids - [ Kids/Teens ] - Site for kids who want to learn
about the Internet and the World Wide Web.
- Internet Island - [ Kids/Teens ] - Offers a guide
on how to navigate the Internet, tools to understand browsers,
and instructions on changing your home page.
- KidzEyes.com - [ Kids/Teens ] - Online survey
panel where kids 6-14 can tell the companies that make products
for them what they think of those products. Requires parental
Cards - [ Kids ] - Animated email cards for children. Birthday,
holiday, and get well cards.
Quality Information Checklist - [ Kids/Teens/Mature Teens
] - Checklist to help assess the quality of the information
that you find on the Internet. Includes an online quiz.
- RobertNiles.com - Finding Data on the Internet
- [ Teens/Mature Teens ] - Offers a guide for finding reference
- Search Engine Tutorial by The Pandia Goalgetter
- [ Teens/Mature Teens ] - Search engine tutorial covering Boolean
operators, directories, metasearch engines, error codes, and
menu based searches.
- SOFWeb - Using the Internet - [ Teens/Mature Teens
] - Offers a tutorial about the Internet, using the Internet,
- Surfing Safely on the Internet - [ Kids ] - Second
and third grade students tell what the Internet is, explain
how to navigate it, list the benefits of it, and share seven
online safety rules.
- TheHelpWeb - [ Kids/Teens ] - A guide to getting
started on the Internet. Includes sections on each portion of
Internet use, including e-mail and FTP.
- ThinkQuest - [ Kids/Teens/Mature Teens ] - An
annual international website competition for students 9-19 years
- The Web Tutorial - [ Kids ] - Find out about all
sorts of internet terms like guestbooks, search engines, and
- Widener University: Evaluating Web Resources -
[ Teens/Mature Teens ] - How to evaluate different types of
sites. Includes questions and criteria lists. Lists 5 main criteria
to use for all sites.
- Winners on Wheels - Internet 101 - [ Kids/Teens
] - An introduction to the Internet and the Web and how to get
started using them.
- WWW CyberGuide Ratings for Content Evaluation
- [ Teens/Mature Teens ] - A form that can be printed out and
used to evaluate websites. [PDF]
- Yahooligans! Glossary - [ Kids/Teens ] - Offers
a glossary of Internet terms.
- Yenza: Learn to Use the Internet - [ Teens/Mature
Teens ] - Shows how to use the Internet for research. Explains
the difference between search engines and directories and outlines
News: Articles from New York Times|
Lesson Plans: An
easy search tool for teacher lesson plans (lesson plans are linked
to state standards|
Databases: A Searchable timelines in art, math, science and
Resources: Local Newspapers --Calculators -- Dictionaries,
Thesaurus -- Maps --Translator --Encyclopedias --Online