National Center For Supercomputing *Cool Site*
- Information about supercomputing applications and research in the United States.
Biomedical Computing Center - Facility provides computing support and technology
to the scientists of the National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes
of Health (NIH), and extramural biomedical researchers.
Simulation and Computing - A United States government initiative to develop
simulation capabilities suitable for weapons testing. Program details and links
to university partners.
Partnership for Advanced Computing - Australian computing and communications
systems infrastructure. Press releases, description of programs.
for Academic Scientific Computation - Links to member institutions and published
- CompInfo - High Performance Computing - Technical
articles, news, events, publications, and manufacturer links.
- A History of Supercomputing at Florida State University
- Essay written by Jeff Bauer in early 1991.
- HPCwire - Online journal of the high performance
at Lawrence Livermore National Lab - Offers current scientific and networking
- The Journal of Supercomputing - Available in print
and online. Searchable archives available to subscribers.
Partnership for Advanced Computational Infrastructure - Organization created
to develop a national supercomputing infrastructure. Links to resources, current
research projects, and outreach programs.
- Primeur - Monthly newsletter about European high
performance computing developments. Back issues available.
- Scandal Supercomputing Project - Development of
a portable environment for programming supercomputers. Project information and
resources about parallel programming.
- Scientific Supercomputing - Parts of this book
are available online, with ordering information for a printed copy.
Standard Interface Methodology - Writing interfaces
for the AS/400.
- Summer Institute - A summer program for high school
students to learn about supercomputing. Program information and application.
- Supercomputers - A history of supercomputing.
- Supercomputing Online - Includes news, analysis,
and discussion about supercomputing.
- TeraGrid.org - National Science Foundation's effort
to build and deploy the world's largest distributed infrastructure for open scientific
research. Information about partners and funding.
- Terascale Cluster - Information on Virginia Tech\'s
super-computer based on Macintosh G5 computers. Includes history, pictures and
- Texas Advanced Computing
Center - Provides computing resources to enhance research development capabilities.
- Top 500 Supercomputers
- Ranking of supercomputers according to the LINPACK benchmark. Links to news