- Resource guides and bulletins for combating Internet-related
- Adventures of an Open Proxy Server - Security
whitepaper discussing proxy honeypots and observations on the
types of abuse that are aided and enabled by insecure proxy
- Composing abuse reports - Advice on what to include
in an abuse report to an ISP, what to omit, and where to send
- Cyber Law Enforcement - A network of law enforcement
officers who specialize in cybercrime investigation and training.
Cover child pornography, cyberstalking, cyberscams and fraud
- Cyberbullying - Site promotes awareness of bullying
using technologies such as SMS, email and the internet, the
damage it does, and ways to protect yourself from it.
- eWEEK.com's Special Report on Cyber-Crime - Articles
on cyber-crime, scams and security breaches.
- Net Abuse FAQ Index - A collection of Frequently
Asked Questions related to net abuse, including spamming and
Abuse Clearinghouse - A database of addresses for reporting
- NewsFactor: Fighting Internet Abuse: Things You Can
Do - Brief introduction to basic techniques for tracing,
reporting, and protecting against internet abuse.
Sites - A portal for sites pilfered, plundered and otherwise
not original. Working to stop the theft of design and code.
- ScamBusters - Monthly e-zine about recognizing,
preventing and fighting all types of fraud, misinformation and
abuse perpetuated with the help of the internet.
- Webguardian - A nonprofit Internet watchdog, providing
protection and advice for consumers and reducing Internet crime
- http://www.cyberbullying.ca/ - Information about
and resources to stop harassment by computer.
dealing with Spam:
Spam on the Internet *Cool
Site* - Includes information regarding laws, filtering,
spam prevention, and responsible marketing, as well as information
and advice about how to complain about spam. Laws, anti-spam
information, and links to other resources.
Spam Blog - Spam blocking and prevention news and reviews.
- Anti-Spamming Act - List of contact information
- Anti-UBE/UCE Page - Tips and resource links to
help fight spam.
- The Campaign to Stop Junk Email - Strategies and
tactics to deal with and prevent junk e-mail.
Spam! - Website administrator shares information about
spam he encounters on his various websites (meaning, it's
not email spam). This site also discusses ways to track down
spammers and how to complain to their hosting services and
ISPs in the hope that they'll cancel their accounts. Lastly,
the site also keeps track of notorious spammers and notorious
Anti-Spam Page - Includes spam statistics, links to tools,
and other anti-spam sites.
- Death to Spam - Techniques to deal with unwanted
- Direct Marketing Association E-Mail Preference Service
- Allows consumers to indicate that they wish to reduce the
amount of unsolicited commercial e-mail, or spam, that they
- Dotcomeon.com - An argument against using MAPS,
encouraging ISPs to individually control spam instead of relying
on central services.
War Against Spam - Links, tools, and philosophy about
- Elsop's Anti-Spam Page - Links to anti-spam sites
- The Email Abuse FAQ - Information on spam, including
how and to whom to respond.
- Get that spammer! - A tool for tracking down junk
e-mailers, junk news posters and their internet service providers.
To Fight Spam - A collection of links and tools to assist
in the fight against spam.
- Junk E-mail and Spam - Information on deciphering
spam, complaining about it, and filtering e-mail.
- Junkbusters Junk Email Headlines - Information
about preventing and tracking spam and overview of spam laws.
House Anti Spam pages - Some advice on dealing with unwanted
spam, some spam haiku, and the spammy quotes archive
Unsolicited Bulk Email - Anti-spam resources include papers
examining the problem of bulk e-mail and links to other organizations.
- NANAE FAQ: Advice For Newsgroup Posting - Advice
to visitors to Usenet News Group news.admin.net-abuse.email
to ensure a good and helpful experience.
- Paul Graham : A Plan For Spam - Article outlining
Paul Graham's proposal, and spam FAQs.
- Report a Spam Result - Form that can be to report
spam in the search results to Google.
- The Rules of Spam - A cynical set of rules generated
from a discussion in the newsgroup NANAE, news.admin.net-abuse.email.
- ScamBuster's Stop Spam - Editors of Internet ScamBusters
present tips and resources to reduce spam.
Conference - Held at Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
U.S.A. News, abstracts and webcasts of talks, and schedule.
- Spam Fighting Tips, Tricks and Secrets - Dealing
with unsolicited email messages.
Huntress - Privite citizen turned spammer hunter/killer
writes about all topics related to the spamming industry.
Also has a wiki for additional information not kept in the
Is Bad - Wisconsin online community against spam, featuring
local and national legislation updates, spam news and forums.
Laws - US and European - United States, European Union,
and other countries' laws and pending legislation regarding
unsolicited commercial email.
- Spam, Scams and Relevant Resources - Links to
resources on preventing and tracking spam.
- The Spam Tools Mailing List - List for developers
of tools to prevent spam.
- Spam (Unsolicited Bulk Email), Antispam, and Related
Matters - Data on and analysis of spamfighting-related
- Organized collection of news, reviews and links about unsolicited
bulk email (spam).
- Spam-l - Spam-related mailing list. Includes subscription
information, and FAQ.
Messenger Spam - Software to stop messenger spam and Windows
pop-up spam. Tutorials on how to manually disable messenger
spam are also available.
Story of "Nadine" -- A Tale of Mailing Lists - Account
of what happened after an Internet user accidentally gave
a wrong email address when she visited a web page and signed
up for a sweepstakes.
- SUEaSpammer.com - A consumer news and information
web site chronicling one Oklahoma ISP’s fight over illegal
- That Pesky and Obnoxious Spam - Witches against
spam. Article about spam laws.
- What is Spam? - Short FAQ explaining email and
usenet spam. Offers suggestions on how to reduce the amount
of spam received.
- A Whole Lotta Nothing: Blogspot is hurting America
- Describes how Blogspot has become a key feature of automated
- Wikipedia - Spamming - Provides a general overview
of the spamming phenomenon. Links to articles which discuss
the techniques of spammers on particular media: Internet e-mail,
instant messaging, Usenet newsgroups, Web search engines,
weblogs, and mobile phone messaging. Another article describes
ways of stopping e-mail abuse.
- Yahoo Anti-spam Club - A Yahoo Club for the anti-spam
community. Publicly-viewable group discussion, news and links.
- SSRN-Spam Works: Evidence from Stock Touts and Corresponding
Market Activity - Article by Laura Frieder and Jonathan
Zittrain assessing the impact of stock-tout spam upon trading
activity and how profitable such spamming might be.
- My Encounter With Search Spam On Blogger - Blogger
makes it easy to create spam that clogs search results but
does not make it easy to report the spam or even to be sure
that Blogger cares that accounts are used that way.
- Bankrate: 9 Most Popular Email Hoaxes - Amy C.
Fleitas describes untrue spam stories arriving in inboxes
- Spam at Weblogs Inc. - News and commentary on
spam and anti-spam tools and technologies. [RSS]
- Topix: Spam - News about spam, collected from
various sources on the web. [RSS]