- Internet Hotline Providers *Cool
Site* - Providing contact details and resources
for reporting online child abuse in many countries around
- ActivatorDesk - Desktop browser system allows
control of web sites visited and programs run using an on-board
personal portal system for parental control.
Safe Online - Internet Safety advice for parents, teachers
and responsible adults. Encourages child safety through careful
Web Aware - Tutorial and tips for parents on the benefits
and risks of being on the Internet
- BestChildSafety.com - Helpful tips and information
for protecting children against the very real dangers of Internet
sexual predators. Includes a full review about the IamBigBrother
parental control software for monitoring child safety online.
- BytesCanada - Informational site with articles
on internet safety, online pornography, child exploitation
and miscellaneous related topics.
Safety FAQ - Frequently asked questions about child safety
on the internet
- Child Safety on the Information Highway - Put
out by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children,
this document outlines how parents can best protect their
children while still allowing them use of the Internet.
Safety-Net - Promotes "Child Safety-Net" book. Site also
has newsletter backissues and links, relating to protection
of children online.
- Childoscope - Organisation promoting integrated
European policies on missing and sexually exploited children.
An initiative of "Child Focus" (Belgium).
- Children Accessing Controversial Information -
Email list of a community of people interested in discussing
these issues and developing helpful materials.
- Children Online - Offers a variety of presentations
and programs for schools, students and parents, on subjects
such as online safety issues and solutions, and online harassment.
Also offers short safety video excerpts for download.
- Children's Internet Protection Act - A new bill
(S.97, 19 January 1999) before the US Congress to require
schools to introduce filtering software to school computers.
- Children's Safe Internet - Protected internet
software for all ages, comprising controlled access browser,
safe search engine and game -styled interface. Monthly fee
- ChildSafetyExperts - Articles and recommended
reading about online safety topics.
- CleanMyMailbox - Service providing web-based parental
control of the email coming into children's mailboxes.
Purity - Free online parental control software to check
computer for objectionable content.
Commission - Information and resources about the Child
Online Protection Act.
- CyberAngels - Comprehensive resource focusing
on Internet Safety matters. Offers guidance for parents, and
provides information and solutions to common internet safety
Guide - A downloadable ebook about Internet child saftey.
Written by an actual police detective, it teaches what parents
can do to protect their children from becoming a victim or
from victimizing others while on the Internet.
Is Enough - Substantial resource related to making the
internet a safer place for children. Contains information,
reports, articles, and useful links.
- Family Edge - Parents Page - Offers parents information
about online internet safety and education technology help
- a database driven site with a large amount original content.
Guardian - Provides filtered web access. By installing
a client on the user's computer and redirecting all traffic
through the FamGuard servers, the content is analyzed and
filtered or blocked before delivery.
- Family Internet - Resources and tips to keep your
family safe. From About.com.
- FreedomISP Foundation - Child advocacy organization,
initiating education programs for parents.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Complying With The Children's
Internet Protection Act (CIPA) - Crucial legal, technical,
and strategic information about the Children's Internet Protection
- GetNetWise.org - A public service brought by Internet
industry corporations and public interest organizations to
help insure that families have safe, constructive, and educational
or entertaining online experiences.
- Hyperdyne Software - Snitch uses smart algorithms
to detect obscene images, movies, and inappropriate internet
- IM-Protector - Software for monitoring children's
instant messaging usage on services such as Yahoo, AOL and
Child Center (ICC) - Resource offering general information
about child protection, including some internet safety topics.
- Internet Filters.net - A list of internet filtering
products and comparison data for parents and teachers.
Your Kids Safe on the Internet - Companion site to the
book 'Keep Your Kids Safe on the Internet'. Easy-to-understand
guide shows parents how to protect their kids from pedophiles,
pornography, pop-ups, viruses and spyware.
Innovation - Razzul is a kid-friendly browser, offering
access to pre-approved sites and spam-free email. Parents
can also review their child's internet usage and communications.
Safe Mail - Child safe email experience without spam,
pornography or viruses.
Smart - Practical online safety advice for teachers and
parents, with lesson plans, online activities and resources.
- KidDefense.org - Police officers providing online
safety information for children and parents. Includes details
of baiting techniques used by online predators.
- Filtered email service, offering graphical mail tools for
youngsters. Parents have control over incoming messages, mail
from unknown senders can be quarantined.
- Kid-safe web browser works by limiting access to just a
small collection of hand-picked educational and fun sites.
Simple but effective, offered as freeware.
- KidSplorer - Web browser protecting kids by only
allowing access to pre-approved sites, offers additional parental
control such as scheduled access times.
- Kidz Privacy - Educates kids, parents, and businesses
about the privacy rights of children online. Site provided
by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- KIKS - Keeping
Internet Kids Safe - A small collection of articles about
online safety topics, as well as some links, and newsletter
- KinderMail - Software solution to protect your
child from unsolicited, offensive email.
- KinderStart - Filtered email accounts which prevent
profanity in email messages.
- The Librarian's Guide to Cyberspace for Parents and
Kids - An introduction to the internet with an emphasis
on child safety.
- Provides a service to filter a range of online activities
including web, chat, email, instant messaging and file-sharing.
And Dads - Offers integrated web suite for children including
web browser, talking email and talking chat. Limits browsing
access to known "kid safe" sites.
- Mothers Of America - Offers information, links
to software, and resources to help parents keep children safe
on the Internet.
WebGuardian - Internet chatroom monitoring software, helps
to protect your children when chatting with Yahoo, MSN, AOL,
ICQ and mIRC.
Family News - A weekly electronic news service to inform
and educate parents, families and caregivers of children who
spend time online.
- NetAlert - NetAlert's objective is to promote
a safer Internet experience, particularly for young people
and their families. An independent community advisory body
established in late 1999 by the Australian government.
- NetProtector - Hardware solution designed to prevent
modem access to the internet when parental supervision is
not possible, by means of a key-lockable switch.
- NetSafeKids - Companion site of The National Academies
report, "Youth, Pornography, and the Internet".
- NetSmartz - Educational resource from the National
Center for Missing & Exploited Children. Discusses various
internet safety topics.
- Operation SafetyNet - The Ohio Internet Crimes
Against Children Task Force provides information to help protect
families from the dangers of Internet child sexual exploitation.
- The Police Notebook - A law enforcement site promoting
safety and crime prevention for kids.
- Prevent Kids From Using the Computer at Night
- Overview of methods & recommendations for preventing
kids from using the computer at night unsupervised.
- ProtectKids.org - Provides cases, statistics,
and solutions dealing with dangers to children on the Internet.
- PsychPage Family Resources - Links to several
software products aimed at protecting children online, and
blocking objectionable web sites. Includes a few links to
larger related sites.
Surfin' Central - Site dedicated to educating children
of all ages and parents in the processes of safe Internet
- Contains information about the dangers of children using
the internet. Rules, advice, and tips relating to child security
and the web.
Safer Internet - Frozen site of the European Union's The
Safer Internet Exchange project. News, press releases and
links concerning Internet safety.
- Saferinternet - European project aiming to promote
safer use of the internet, including resources and activities
for parents and kids in a variety of European languages.
- SaferNet Roadshow - Aims to provide awareness
and education through community events in the UK and Europe.
- SafeTeens.Com - A guide to teen safety on the
- Monitor and limit computer use by a schedule. See everything,
web, e-mail, chat, and instant messages both on and off the
- SurfBuddies - SurfBuddies offers Child Safe internet
access products. SurfBuddes' products are designed with total
child internet safety in mind.
Safely for Children - Page of hints and tips concerning
safe internet usage for children, including pointers for parents.
- Taking Care on the Net - Advice for schools on
child safety on the internet, and acceptable use policies.
- Technology Inventory - Teaches parents what tools
are available for choosing and filtering online content for
Wise Kids - Teaching children how to make their online
experience safe, using an educational CD-Rom game.
Online Safety For Kids and Teens - A variety of online
safety information, as well as online & offline projects
involving organizations like Disney. Aimed at both adults
Kids - Works with communities, libraries, youth organisations,
local education authorities, schools and businesses throughout
Wales and elsewhere, to raise awareness of positive and safe
Network - Provides a child-safe web-browsing experience,
including a list of pre-approved sites, filtered chat, and
fun interactive characters. Also offering a separate Christian-based
- Email service for families, with a range of parental control
- Parenthood Web - Child Safety on the Information