Crime Complaint Center *Cool
Site* - A partnership between the Federal Bureau
of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center
(NW3C). Alerts for consumers and easy-to-use reporting mechanism
for fraud. Formerly the Internet Fraud Complaint Center.
- Antiscam.net - Information about avoiding scams
involving Eastern European women, especially Russian ones.
Against 419 - Covering advanced fee fraud scams and fake
Best Scams - A guide to various scams and fraudulent operations.
- Carbuyingtips.com - Fraud Guide - Consumer guide
to preventing and fighting eBay, escrow, auto, internet, cashiers
check, and Nigerian scams. Tips on how to spot phony escrow
companies and report the scammers.
Criminals Most Wanted - Overview of cyber criminal activity
that includes safety, security, viruses, scams, filtering, encryption,
hackers and government legislation.
- Cybercrime - Computer crime section of the Department
of Justice contains links relating to internet commerce, intellectual
property crimes, cybercrimes and general information.
- Digital Age Fraud - Covers so called "spam charges"
to credit cards a string of international fraudsters.
- Easy Background Check - Modeling company background
Scams Info - An archive of fraudulent emails.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation - Common Fraud Schemes
- Describes scams to avoid, most of which are internet-related.
- FraudWatchers.Org - An archive of various scams
and fraudulent activities, plus a multilingual support forum.
- GPTBoycott.com - Identifies "Get-Paid-To" websites
that don't live up to their promises.
Scams and Rip-offs - Basics on hoaxes, scams and rip-offs
on the internet. How to spot them and where to report them.
- Lists and links identifying Internet virus hoaxes, chain letters,
urban legends, parodies of hoaxes, and discussion forum.
- How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams - Securities
and Exchange Commission information about investment fraud.
- Internet Fraud - Department of Justice site includes
information defining Internet fraud, what to do about it, and
where to go to get more information.
ScamBusters - Extensive information on fraud, scams, hoaxes,
urban legends and credit card fraud. Free e-zine and reports.
- An Introduction to Internet Fraud - A introduction
explaining many aspects of fraud on the internet.
Email - Resource site for dealing with e-mail scams.
Laundering Fraud - Tracks current fraudulent "money mule"
operations operated through the Internet.
Fraud Information Center - Provides a page devoted to Internet
- RipOffs.org - Moderated complaints service covering
consumer interests, government and politics.
Victims United - Information on scams and support from other
- ScamZone.NET - An archive of scam letters and
techniques plus a discussion forum.
- Spam: Where to Complain About Frauds & Scams on
the Internet - Links to government, advocacy, and watchdog
groups accepting consumer complaints about Internet fraud and
- Stop-scammers - Information on dating fraud plus
an archive of emails, documents and pictures. Membership required
for some features.
- Tabatha Marshall - A catalog of alleged bogus
job offers and phishing attempts. Includes a comment board.
- VMyths - Extensive resource for identifying and
debunking computer virus hoaxes and myths.
- Web Host Scams - Outlines things one should watch
out for when signing up with a web host.
- WebAssured - Consumer protection service site
provides means to register complaints, free ShopAssured download
alerts shoppers when entering e-commerce site, free reports
on business's consumer performance.