List of Creative Science Projects--
These are not your typical science project
ideas. These ideas can be turned into winning projects!
Expanding a School Science Lab into a
full Science Project-- Many classroom experiments can
be used as the beginning's of an excellent science project. Here are some examples...We
present examples of excellent science labs that can be transformed into full science
Fair Central -- This site is from the Discovery Channel and also contains
lesson plans for teachers and a curriculum center.
Hazards Program --
Thinking about doing a project related to earthquakes? This site comes from USGS
(United States Geological Survey’s)
- Agricultural Ideas for Science Fair Projects -
The US Department of Agriculture has put together a few basic ideas of agricultural
science projects you can do. Use these ideas as a jumping-off place for coming
- IPL Science Fair Guide -This is actually a Guide
that the Internet Public Library has put together for those trying to participate
in or run a science fair.
- The Kids' Guide to Science Projects - A step-by-step
guide through the scientific process. By Joan Tindell, a middle-school science
teacher from Arizona.
- Ideas for Scince Fair Projects - Here is a list
of questions that might help suggest science fair projects related to photosynthesis
on Activities from Exploratorium -- List of Experiments that can be used as
a starting off point for science projects.
- Neuroscience for Kids - Here is a list of experiments
and activities to learn about the nervous system and brain. Some of these examples
are ideal for a starting point of a good science project.
- NSRC E-Database of Science Index - This is the
National Student Research Center's quarterly e-journal reporting on student science
projects (1993-2001). Click through the index to find ideas for science fairs
or science reports.
- Project Ideas Using Mushrooms and Fungi - Ideas
and approaches to science projects involving mushroom cultivation, from ready-made
mushroom kits to culturing mushroom tissue from the wild.
- School Science Fairs - A project of the Eastern
Newfoundland Science Fairs Council, this homepage is designed to aid students
in the most difficult aspect of their science fair experience; getting an idea.
Science Fair Ideas -This page has student input.
It Includes a worksheet that poses fill-in-the-blank questions with suggested
- Science Fair Project Ideas - A listing of science
fair projects for middle and high school students; includes resources. List comes
- Science Fair Projects - Science project ideas
about horticulture, botany, natural science and related subjects. Site also present
many interesting gardening science projects and other natural science project
- Science Toys You Can Make With Your Kids - Make
toys that demonstrate scientific principles using simple tools and equipment then
design experiments to go along with them.
Ultimate Science Fair Resource
- Find ideas for projects, project links and how to write a report.