- Allspice - Short discussion and list of uses.
- Angelica - Information and how to preserve this
herb which is a popular flavouring for confectionery and liqueurs
Asian Ingredients - Information and uses of spices
in many cuisines including Thai, Korean, Phillipino, Chinese, Japanese, and Kosher.
- Basil - A old recipe for aromatic seasoning taken
from a book published in 1931, written in fairy old English.
- Better Homes and Gardens : Spices - Find out which
spices are perfect for certain types of foods and create a tasty meal for you
and your family! Also, learn a few tricks for substituting dried herbs and spices.
Sky Farm Recipes - Traditional and vegetarian recipes flavored with herbs,
and information on growing and using herbs.
- Botanical.Com Index of Recipes - An index of assorted
recipes using herbs and other basic food stuffs.
- Cardamom - Short discussion and list of uses.
- Cardamom - Brief introduction as well as some
Scandinavian recipes using cardamom.
- Chili Recipes at Recipezaar - Recipes featuring
- Cilantro from GourmetSleuth - Recipes and an article
discussing the history, uses, and nutrition of the leaves of the coriander plant
which is also known as Chinese parsley.
- Cooking with Herbs - Recipes and tips from the
Fredericksburg Herb Farm in Fredericksburg, Texas.
- Cooking with Herbs - Recipes for appetizers, condiments,
soups, and main courses using fresh herbal ingredients.
- Cooking with Herbs 1 2 3 - Tips for the beginner
on how to get to know culinary herbs. In depth information on six must have perennial
- Coriander - Recipe from a book published in 1931,
for curry powder.
- Culinary Herb FAQ - All you ever wanted to know
- and ask on a newsgroup - more often than once a month - about culinary herbs.
A FAQ for rec.gardens, alt.folklore.herbs, and the culinary herblist.
Cyberspace Grill Herb and Spice Index - A descriptive
index of 48 herbs and spices, such as Basil, Cumin, Coriander, and Lemongrass.
Descriptions include photos and history.
- Edible Flowers - Information and photographs of
edible flowers, and how to use them in cooking.
- Epazote at About.com - Learn about the good and
bad of epazote as well as recipes that include the pungent herb.
- Epazote by Gourmetsleuth - The leaves of this
plant are also known as Mexican tea. The article discusses history, uses, nutrition
and includes recipes.
- Epicentre Exotic Spice Recipes - Spices and ethnic
cuisines with tested recipes, an encyclopedia of spices, and spice usage and history.
- Fresh Herb Tips and Hints - Suggestions for using
individual and mixed herbs. from Shenandoah Growers.
- Gardening For All Seasons - Cooking with herbs
information and recipes.
- Gernot Katzer's Spice Pages - Reference information
about more than 100 herbs and spices, plus their usage in ethnic cuisines.
- Great American Spice Company - Over 27,000 recipes
in this index.
- Greenline: A Kitchen Herb Garden - Tips for growing
useful herb gardens and recipe for fresh herb butter.
- Guide to Culinary Salts from GourmetSleuth - A
cook's guide to culinary salt including descriptions, photographs and suggested
- Herb and Spice Chart - Tells which foods seasonings
go best with.
- The Herb Garden -- Drying Herbs - Fact sheet from
University of Illinois Extension on this topic.
Information from AsiaRecipe - Information, uses, history and recipes.
- Herb Recipes - Jefferson County Master Gardeners.
Collection of recipes.
- Herbs - Pictures and descriptions of common herbs
used in cooking.
- Herbs and Spices - Outline of a numbers of spices
with graphics of each.
and Spices by Ron Lunde - An index of about 50 herbs and spices, with background
information, uses, recipes and growing information.
- Herbs in the Kitchen - Recipes using herbs, edible
flowers and produce. Dressings, marinades, salads, vegetables, meats, poultry,
seafood, drinks and desserts.
Curry Company - Resource for Indian cooking, choose from one of several hundred
- Indian Delicacies - Spices and spice powders for
Indian cooking like garam masala, rasam powder and sambhar powder.
Jalapeno Madness - Dedicated to the world's greatest
chili pepper. Recipes, links and information.
- Kitchen Herbalist Recipes - Food, beverage, body
and home care recipes using herbs, including Cinnamon Mint Tea and Summer Salad
with Heather Vinaigrette. .
- L'Aquila Saffron - Provides history and uses.
- Lemon Grass - Also know as Takrai, it is popular
in Thai and Vietnamese cooking. How to grow, use, and store.
- Lesley's Herb Garden - List of commonly home grown
herbs and how to harvest, preserve and them.
- Make your own herbal vinegars - Create herbal
vinegars for cooking and adding flavor, beauty treatments and for medicinal uses.
- New England Herb Company - Information, benefits,
and recipes on using fresh herbs from a New England company that provides fresh
herbs to supermarkets.
- Nurse Mary-Bell's Herb Popovers - Simple recipe
using cayenne pepper, minced fresh parsley, and dried thyme.
Fool - Many spicy recipes, restaurant reviews, and chili information.
- A Pinch Of
- Creative information and recipes about culinary herbs and spices.
A Website dedicated to collecting, growing, eating, and preserving South American
- Saffron - Presents assorted information on the
- Saffron by Gourmetsleuth - Stigmas of the crocus
sativa flower. The article discusses the history, uses, nutrition, and includes
equivalents, substitutions, and recipes.
- Salsify - Recipe for soup, or served baked, with
cheese, or stewed. From a book published in 1931.
- Schwartz - Search database of spicy recipes and
special offers from this UK spice company.
- Seasoned Pioneers - Exotic and authentic spice
blends, chillies, spices and specialist culinary ingredients of every major world
cuisine. Information and advice on usage together with many recipes.
Selecting, Storing and Using Fresh Herbs - A fact
sheet on the topic, from Ohio State University Extension. Includes practical table
of culinary herb uses.
- Sheila's Herb Patch - Includes recipes and seasoning
suggestions, with brief descriptions and photos of various herbs.
Spice & Herb Encyclopedia - Created by the
Culinary CafĂ© , this site offers general descriptions, geographical sources,
traditional ethnic uses, taste and aroma, history and region of origin, and creative
uses of over forty spices and herbs.
- SpiceAdvice - An informative site about spices,
including a spice encyclopedia, usage tips and seasonal recipes.
- Starchefs: Edible Flowers - A listing of recipes
using edible flowers as ingredients.
- Thewisegardener.com - Tropical cooking and gardening
with spices and herbs.
- Wasabi - How to grate a green/fresh/raw wasabi
with a sharkskin grater for bringing the best fragrance.
- Wild Greek Oregano - All About - About, History
and Uses of wild Greek oregano, the perennial herb Origanum vulgaris.
Zen Herbs Co - A portal for information about herbs and spices from around
the world. Includes an interactive garden, and advice.
content of the EDinformatics directory is based on the Open
Directory and is enhanced using EDinformatics own technology.
Modified by EDinformatics - ©2004 EDinformatics