Foresight Institute *Cool Site*
- Non-profit institute focused on nanotechnology, the coming
ability to build materials and products with atomic precision,
and systems to aid knowledge exchange and critical discussion,
thus improving public and private policy decisions.
- Nanotechnology Now *Cool Site*
- Comprehensive and informative nanotechnology portal. Provides
introduction to nanotechnology, general information, images,
interviews, news, events, research, books, glossary and
Computational Research Society - Nonprofit organization
fostering interdisciplinary approaches to modeling and simulation
in the advancement of computational science and high technology.
Focused on nanoscience and MEMS applications.
- The ASME Nanotechnology Institute - American Society
of Mechanical Engineers: nanotechnology resources, events,
programs, activities, online courses, webcasts, news and
Cientifica - News, networks, conferences and nanotechnology
resources in Europe
- The Coming Revolution in Molecular Manufacturing
- A wealth of articles introducing molecular nanotechnology:
Thorough, inexpensive control of the structure of matter
based on molecule-by-molecule control of products and byproducts
of molecular manufacturing. By K. Eric Drexler, Chris Peterson,
- European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology
- contains society news, conference information, discussion
forums and expertise search. Euspen is a not-for-profit
company based at Cranfield University in the UK, with members
around the world.
the Nanoworld - Movies of nano-structured materials:
ferrofluids, memory metals, amorphous metals, LEDs, re-entrant
foams, self assembly, DNA, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, atomix
imaging, Lego models, Giant Magneto Resistance, silicon,
carbon nanotubes, polymers, and semiconductor devices. National
Science Foundation supported Materials Research Science
and Engineering Center on Nanostructured Materials and Interfaces
at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
gRobots Project - An open source project to build and
run a globally distributed supercomputer for the simulation
of evolvable nanotechnology.
- How Stuff Works: How Nanotechnology Will Work
- Animated narrative shows how Nanotechnology has the potential
to totally change manufacturing, health care and many other
- IBM Almaden STM Molecular Art - Some of the famous
images of atoms and molecules made with IBM's scanning tunneling
Realis - Provides nanotechnology industry scope analysis
and venture consulting for opportunity assessment, quantitative
modeling, strategy and business plan development.
for Atomic-Scale Engineering - Personal page of Forrest
Bishop: published and unpublished concept articles.
of Nanotechnology (UK) - The Institute of Nanotechnology
has been created to foster, develop and promote all aspects
of science and technology in those domains where dimensions
and tolerances in the range of 0.1 nm to 100nm play a critical
Nanotechnology Policy Studies Committee - A committee
for studying nanotechnology trends in Iran and the world.
- Minatec - Centre for Innovation in Micro and Nanotechnology
in Grenoble. Teaching, research, and industrial development.
- MITRE Corp. Nanosystems Group - Reviews current
nanotechnology research and people behind it, downloadable
copies of several widely-used articles. Nanoelectronics
- Molecular Manufacturing Shortcut Group - Promotes
developing nanotechnology as a way to facilitate space exploration
- Moletronics and Nanotechnology references - Links
to sites with information mainly on molecular electronics.
Science & Technology Institute - Events, publications
and news in nanotechnology, microtechnology and biotechnology.
- Nano Space - Nano technology as it applies now
and in the future to Space Exploration and Studies.
- Nanotechnology portal.
- Nanobase - Loyola College, Maryland. National
Science Foundation sponsored site presenting up-to-date
sources of information on nanotechnology in the areas of
major research centers, funding agencies, major reports
Dream Team - Multidisciplinary project to make Earth's
first nanometer supercomputer via Internet.
- News and Discussion of Coming Technologies: Weblog devoted
to nanotechnology-related news stories, with attached discussion
forum. (based on Slashdot software)
- Nanoforum.org: European Nanotechnology Gateway
- Offers background information, news and developments in
industry and research and a selection of publications.
- nanogloss - Online dictionary of nanotechnology.
- Nanotechnology Career Consultants. Recruiting and placement
of staff in nanotechnolgy related positions such as Organic,
Inorganic, Biological, Project Management, Research Scientist,
Engineer, and Lab Technician.
- Nanomagazine - Interviews with people in the Nanotechnology
- NanoManipulator: 3rdTech - Commercial version
of the NanoManipulator system originally from University
of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- NanoManipulator: University of North Carolina
- The nanoManipulator provides an improved, natural interface
to SPMs (STMs and ATMs) by coupling the microscope to a
virtual-reality interface giving a virtual telepresence
on the surface, scaled by a factor of about a million to
- Nanomedicine - Devoted to the medical applications
and implications of molecular nanotechnology. Nanomedicine
may be defined as the monitoring, repair, construction and
control of human biological systems at the molecular level,
using engineered nanodevices and nanostructures. Includes
the Nanomedicine Art Gallery. (From the Foresight Institute.)
- Nanoscale Science and Engineering - National Science
Foundation. Activities, Information & Education, Research
& Development, Connections, and NSF & NNI (National
Nanotechnology Initiative) Reports.
- Portal with forums, and links sorted by topic and popularity.
- NanoSpace - The Center for NanoSpace Technologies
is a Texas-based nonprofit scientific research and education
foundation chartered to conceive, establish, and conduct
cutting-edge technology, research, and development in the
areas of aerospace, education, energy, life sciences, and
shipping & transportation.
- NanotechNews - News for nanotechnologists and
investors: regular updates, many links to other nanotechnology
websites, archives, search function, newswire.
- Nanotechnology - Institute of Physics quarterly
- Nanotechnology - Institute of Physics monthly
journal for aspects of nanoscale science and technology
- The NanoTechnology Group - A consortium of nano
companies, universities and organizations developing a nano
science curriculum for K-12.
- Nanotechnology in Manufacturing - What Next? The
Coming Revolution In Manufacturing: Autodesk Technology
Forum Presentation by John Walker, May 10th, 1990. Somewhat
dated but well worth reading.
- Nanotechnology Journals Database - References,
and links to, papers about nanotechnology, from selected
scientific journals (eg PRB, PRL, JACS, JAP, JPCB).
- Nanotechweb.org - A portal for nanoscience and
nanotechnology online resources for academics, industrialists
and investors, as well as for laymen interested in nanotechnnology.
- NanoTechWire.com - Provides information for nanotechnology
- Nanotechnology: articles online, news, pictures, cvs
- Nanotechnology consulting firm. Services include nanotechnology
matchmaking, assessment of trends, feasibility studies,
materials and products analysis, and presentation assistance.
- Nanotechnology Software, Data & Services: nanoTITAN
offers Java libraries and applications, a nanodevice database,
the nanoML specification, custom simulation and visualization
to the nanotechnology and general scientific communities.
- Nanotube Patent Search - Results from a search
of nanotube or nanotube related patents at the United States
Patent & Trademark Office
- The Nanotube Site - Michigan State University's
Library of Links for the Nanotube Research Community
- An MIT startup, Nanowave offers SPPE (Scanning Probe Position
Encoder) technology for picometer-order (subnanometer) resolution
over ranges greater than several inches.
- National Science Foundation - Partnership in Nanotechnology
(US). Recent technical and policy reports, funding opportunities,
profiles of projects currently supported, and links to other
- Phantoms - European Union sponsored nano electronics
network. Contains comprehensive information about European
nanotechnology, and links to groups and events worldwide.
- Polymer Simulation - Computer simulation of a
polymer sticking to a surface.
- Scanning Tunneling Microscope (STM) - Describes
the invention of the topografiner, a precursor instrument,
between 1965 and 1971, and also tells of the STM's development.
- Scientific American - Nanotechnology articles,
some free and some archived.
and Multi Walled Carbon Nanotubes
--Nanoshel manufactures 50 types of nanomaterials which
includes SWNT, MWNT and functionalized carbon nanotubes.
- Self Replicating Systems - NASA and Self-Replicating
Systems: Implications for Nanotechnology.
Times - Daily articles covering MEMS, nanotechnology,
and microsystems, with a business angle.
- Stony Brook Buckyballs - A virtual tour of fullerenes
in Laszlo Mihaly's laboratory at the Physics Department
at SUNY, Stony Brook.
- STT: Netherlands Study Center for Technology Trends
- Somewhere in this confusing site is good material in English,
though it is often labeled in Dutch, and Dutch material
is often labeled in English. STT hopes to bring their project
to the attention of a wide audience, thereby contributing
to the development of nanotechnology.
- Technology Review: Nanotechnology and Materials
- Articles, discussion and services for nanotech built on
MIT's award-winning monthly magazine.
- Thermodynamics Research Laboratory - Classical,
Quantum, Nanoscale & Statistical Thermodynamics &
Mechanics data and property calculation sites.
Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology - A weekly
multijournal compilation of the latest research on nanoscale
systems. Published by the American Institute of Physics
and the American Physical Society.
Online - Virtual Institute supported by the EC, committed
to promotion and training in the precision engineering and
nanotechnologies. Contains discussion forums, training programmes
and patent library.
Nanotechnology - Former Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
Nanotechnology page: brief introduction to core concepts
of molecular nanotechnology (MNT), and links for further
- Yahoo Groups: Nanotechnology - Active nanotechnology
- Yashnanotech - Provides marketing and consultancy
services for products developed by nanotechnology. Promotes
nanotech awareness through training, educational publications,
seminars, workshops and conferences.